A problem spotter and problem solver, I can help you bring your publications to press and your projects to completion without the drama, as I have been doing for artists, businesses, and nonprofit organizations for over thirty years.
- Translation from Bosnian, Croatian, Montenegrin, and Serbian into English
- Editorial services
- Project assistance
Translation for publication and research
- Medical translation (journal articles, case histories, reports, medical records) medical translation resume
- Literary fiction (plays, film subtitles, short stories) | literary translation resume
- Literary nonfiction (memoir, journalism, critical essays)
- Translation and summaries of archival documents, online material, audio and video files
Translation for quality assurance, compliance, record-keeping, and personal use
- Back translation (clinical trials, labels, health-related quality of life [HRQoL] and patient reported outcomes [PROs] instruments)
- Information-only translation (internal use only, personnel travel documentation, correspondence)
- Translation or gisting of meeting or interview transcripts, survey responses, internal records
Editing for publication
- Journal articles, government grants, reports, white papers, exhibition catalogs, website content | medical editing resume
- Substantive editing: Read for sense, logic, and narrative flow. Does the text achieve its purpose?
- Copyediting: Read for style, grammar, and usage. Is it written in language the reader can understand?
- Proofreading: Read for errors and adherence to style guide or instructions. Does it comply?
- Style guides: Chicago, APA, AMA, Bluebook and others
Multilingual editorial support
- Translation review and editing (check translation against the original, flag errors, edit, and/or proofread)
- Multilingual research
- Technical editing (functionality testing)
- Style reconciliation
- Textbook production support (chapter resource lists, manuscript preparation, preproduction tasks under supervision)
- Voice prompt recording for telephonic IVR systems
- Digital audio editing
If you don’t use Plan B, you’ll have no one to blame but yourself! 🙂